Jonesboro Car Accident Lawyers
Proven Jonesboro Car Accident Attorneys Ready To Serve You
If you are looking for an experienced, and dedicated Jonesboro car accident lawyer, speak with the lawyers at T. Madden & Associates, P.C. for a free case evaluation. Our law firm is here to fight for victims who were injured due to the negligence of someone else, to fight for those who are denied the insurance compensation they deserve, or for those who lost someone in wrongful death. Our lawyers are here to help those in need. Our consultations are free of charge. If you hire us, you do not pay us until we win. And if we don’t win – you owe us nothing.
We Serve Jonesboro, GA and Surrounding Areas
Jonesboro and the rest of Clayton County are filled with historic American culture, hardworking residents, beautiful architecture, and gorgeous natural beauty. Originally settled by pioneers in the early 1800s, Jonesboro soon developed into a well-engineered, bustling commercial center providing goods and services to surrounding areas, including Atlanta. In addition to the city’s commercial success, the backbone of Jonesboro’s economy was its vast farms and plantations.
Unfortunately, much of Jonesboro was devastated during the Civil War. Following a period of rebirth and new construction, Jonesboro redeveloped into a bustling town with one of the best education systems in all of Georgia. As the young adults began to seek larger city life, Jonesboro’s culture and economy weathered many ups and downs.
Today, Jonesboro is home to almost 5,000 residents. But during the day, almost 20,000 people work and shop in the city with a small-town feel. Many businesses are located in Jonesboro and the city’s economy continues to develop and grow annually.
Car Accidents Occur Daily in Jonesboro and Clayton County
Why does one of Jonesboro’s most premier and reputable personal injury law firms feel the need to provide a history lesson of our city?
Jonesboro is unique in that pieces of the city’s rich history are found everywhere you look. Here at T. Madden & Associates, P.C., our Jonesboro car accident attorneys understand that the area’s residents live and work in a modern city deeply connected to its past. Just as Jonesboro itself went through times of growth, difficulties, and prosperity, we understand that our clients experience the same patterns in their own lives. Our firm can relate to. We are not just a law firm – we are part of Jonesboro.
Therefore, we take the utmost pride in representing the people of Jonesboro and Clayton County in their car accident cases.
Unfortunately, negligent drivers are everywhere, and Jonesboro has its fair share. Car accidents caused by unnecessary and preventable mistakes happen all too frequently throughout Jonesboro and Clayton County, particularly along the I-75/285 corridor.
And while distracted driving (such as texting while at the wheel) is a leading and ever-increasing cause of motor vehicle accidents, there are many other reasons why needless car accidents occur all too often:
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (including legal prescription and over-the-counter drugs)
- Failure to abide by the rules of the road, such as speed limits and traffic signals
- Failure to maintain a safe distance from other vehicles
- Road rage
- Failure to drive safely given the weather and road conditions
- An overall failure to drive safely and reasonably
Dealing With The Aftermath of a Jonesboro Car Accident
If you were involved in any type of car accident in Jonesboro, the resulting aftermath may be fraught with physical pain, financial stress, fear, and confusion. And, if your car accident was caused by someone else’s fault and negligence, these stressors may be significantly amplified. Specifically, you may find yourself facing the following challenges:
- Undergoing extensive medical treatment, including lengthy hospital stays and frequent appointments.
- Incurring significant medical expenses from a variety of healthcare providers, including emergency medical teams, hospitals, physicians, labs, imaging centers, rehabilitation centers, etc.
- Racking up credit card debt in order to pay for out-of-pocket costs related to your car accident, such as prescriptions, co-pays, and costs incurred while traveling to various healthcare appointments – some of which may be located quite a distance from your home.
- Incurring other unforeseen expenses, such as the replacement or repair of your vehicle.
- Fielding numerous calls and even personal visits from insurance company representatives, particularly from the defendant’s insurance company.
- Lost wages due to time away from work.
- Lost benefits, such as earned sick time, personal time, and more.
- Total or partial loss of your ability to earn income in the future.
- Inability to pay for the living expenses of you and your family, such as rent, mortgage payments, tuition, insurance premiums, etc.
At T. Madden & Associates, P.C., our Jonesboro car accident lawyers have seen our clients endure some or all of these physical, mental, and financial hardships. We know how to help, and we pledge to lessen and even eliminate some of these burdens.
Services We Provide
Our exceptional Jonesboro car accident law firm has a combination of decades of experience representing individuals injured in car accidents caused by the negligent actions of others. Our experience, education, and comprehensive understanding of Georgia car accident and personal injury law allow us to provide our clients with the best possible legal representation in Jonesboro car accident cases.
Moreover, we pride ourselves in remaining up-to-date on developments in the law and procedures governing car accidents in Jonesboro, Clayton County, Georgia, and even at the national level. We participate in continuing education and continually research trends and expansions (as well as restrictions) in this specialized area of legal practice. We spend the time and money to do so in order to provide our clients with exceptional, rather than simply adequate, legal representation.
In addition to experience and education, here are just a few of the additional tangible and intangible qualities and services that we pledge to provide:
- Handling of all communications with insurance company representatives, including defense attorneys
- Ensuring that all proper documents and pleadings are filed on time with the courts
- An investigation into the facts surrounding the car accident at issue
- Identification and collection of witness statements, police reports, surveillance footage, photographs, and medical records
- Identification of all potential parties that may share liability, including individuals, employers, manufacturers, social hosts and bars, and more
- Possession of significant resources, including access to some of the best experts available such as accident reconstruction engineers and specialists, medical experts, economic experts, and vocational experts
- Aggressive but reasonable negotiations with defense counsel in order to obtain the maximum possible financial compensation that our clients deserve
- Readiness, willingness, and ability to proceed to court if negotiations do not result in a fair settlement agreement
- Superior litigation skills, including thorough preparation, persuasive reasoning, and impeccable hearing and trial management
- Intricate familiarity with court rules, deadlines, and procedures
- Extreme attention to detail
- Timely and thorough responsiveness to your questions and concerns
- Compassionate treatment of you and your loved ones
- Respect and dignity
- Complete commitment and dedication to your case, regardless of the “value”
- Sound legal advice
- Reputation, reputation, reputation
Why Reputation Is So Important For T. Madden & Associates, P.C.
In Jonesboro and throughout many of Georgia’s counties, our Jonesboro car accident attorneys are well respected by many judges and insurance company defense attorneys. Our reputation for aggressively but reasonably approaching settlement negotiations allows us to eliminate some of the unnecessary gamesmanship and posturing commonly exhibited by insurance companies. As a result, we can get to the heart of the matter sooner rather than later.
Moreover, insurance companies know that if we reject an unfair settlement offer and indicate our intention to proceed to litigation, we are a serious and formidable opponent in the courtroom – especially when judges recognize the high caliber of our legal skills. Our successful track record in obtaining favorable verdicts doesn’t hurt!
In pretrial matters and during trial proceedings, our credibility speaks volumes with both the bench and the jury.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you handle all types of car accident cases?
At T. Madden & Associates, P.C., we represent clients in all types of car accident cases. Some of our specialized practice areas include the following:
- Auto accidents
- Drunk driving crashes
- Commercial trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
What types of financial compensation do you recover for your clients?
Every client whom we represent and each case that we handle is unique. We understand that your case is extremely important to you. The aftermath of a car accident and resulting settlement negotiation and/or litigation process may be the most difficult time in your life. The case and its outcome will affect you and your family for a long time. And, while no dollar amount can truly return you to who you were before someone negligently caused your car accident, fair and adequate financial compensation for your losses may be the next best thing.
There are many types of damages (i.e., financial awards) that you may be entitled to receive due to someone else’s negligence in causing your car accident. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical bills and related out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Lost employment benefits
- Loss of earning capacity (the loss of your ability to earn income in the future because of the injuries you sustained in the car accident)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Possibly more, depending on the specifics of your case
Will I automatically lose the case if the accident was partly my fault?
No, not automatically. A court will apportion fault between you and the other driver. If it finds you at least 50 percent at fault, you will not be eligible for damages (and, in fact, the other driver might sue you for damages). If you were less than 50 percent at fault, however, you will be entitled to your damages discounted by your percentage of fault. If you were 35 percent at fault, for example, you will lose 35 percent of your damages.
Can I still sue a drunk driver for my injuries if he was acquitted of DUI in criminal court?
Yes, you can, and you may very well win your claim because (i) a civil lawsuit is different from a criminal proceeding, and (ii) the other driver might have been negligent even if he wasn’t intoxicated. Although it is certainly good news for your claim if the other driver was convicted of DUI, it is not fatal to your claim if he was acquitted.
It is a lot easier to win a civil lawsuit than to win a criminal conviction because the standards of proof are different. In a civil lawsuit, you do not have to prove the defendant liable “beyond a reasonable doubt” – the appropriate standard is a “preponderance of evidence,” which is much easier to meet.
Some of Our Other Jonesboro Practice Areas
Georgia personal injury law covers many different injuries, ranging from common and ordinary accidents to overwhelmingly catastrophic cases. No two cases are identical. Your facts always matter, and you deserve our dedicated Jonesboro personal injury lawyers who will listen to you.
Our experienced Jonesboro injury lawyers are available to assist with these and many other personal injury cases:
- Auto accidents
- Drunk driving crashes
- Commercial trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian injuries
- School injuries
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Police misconduct
- Shooting injuries & deaths
- Dog bites
- Assault and battery
- Slip and Fall
- Negligent security cases
- Wrongful death
- Much more
Schedule a Free Consultation with One of Our Jonesboro Car Accident Attorney Today
If you have been involved in a car accident in Jonesboro or the surrounding area, contact us today to discuss your case. We pledge to provide you with an honest assessment of your situation and what is involved in pursuing your case.
We proudly offer free case consultations at all of our offices, including our Jonesboro location. Our complimentary consultation allows you to meet us, ask questions, and determine if we are the right fit for you and your case moving forward.
We handle all car accident and personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that if you wish to hire our firm, and if we accept your case, we will not charge you anything unless and until we recover financial compensation on your behalf – either through a settlement agreement or a favorable court-ordered verdict.
Please contact our Jonesboro car accident lawyers online or by calling 770-978-6711 to get started today.
T. Madden & Associates, P.C.
114 S. Main St.
Jonesboro, GA 30236