Augusta Car Accident Lawyers
Car Accident Attorneys Serving all of Augusta-Richmond County
Get an Augusta car accident lawyer on your side if you or a loved one has been injured or suffered due to an auto accident anywhere in the August Richmond County area. Our car crash attorneys will provide a free case evaluation, with no obligation. As dedicated Augusta car accident attorneys, we strive to fight for the rights of those injured in car wreck in Augusta and surrounding areas.
Augusta is one of the most beautiful and bustling cities in Georgia. Situated along the banks of the Savannah River, Augusta is the Peach State’s second oldest city and second biggest metro-area. Because of its location in the east-central region of Georgia, Augusta is the ideal home for many businesses and residents. The naturally beautiful city is located about 150 miles east of Atlanta, and it is two and half hours from the state’s mountains and beaches.
Like many of Georgia’s cities, Augusta is home to both modern, big-city amenities as well as rich, historical architecture and culture. The combination of old charm and updated infrastructure makes Augusta one of the most sought-after places to live and work. The city is home to 200,000 residents, and the Trade Region has a population of 500,000 – with these numbers increasing annually.
Augusta’s economy is made up of a vast and diverse range of industries. The city is a regional hub of medicine, cybersecurity, and biotechnology. And, of course, another financial boon to the city – and one of the most well-known and prestigious sporting events in the country – is the Master’s professional golf tournament, held annually at the Augusta National Golf Club.
As with all cities and metropolitan areas, too many car wrecks occur in Augusta each and every day. Augusta’s city center consists of many intersections, busy roads, and heavy commuter traffic. These conditions lend themselves to increased chances for vehicle accidents, many of which could be avoided if drivers simply acted reasonably and carefully.
The term “accident” does not necessarily mean “no fault.”
At T. Madden & Associates, P.C., our Augusta car accident attorneys understand that while some of Augusta’s car collisions do not result from anyone’s fault, the vast majority are in fact caused by someone’s negligence. These preventable and unnecessary accidents result in property damage, minor scrapes and bruises, severe physical injuries, and even deaths.
Our firm’s amazing group of personal injury attorneys represent victims of Augusta car crashes personally injured as a result of someone else’s fault. We understand that any vehicle accident can have devastating and life-altering consequences to those injured, as well as their loved ones. But, when you are hurt in a car wreck because someone else was negligent, the aftermath is often much more difficult to handle. And, that is why we are here to help.
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident
If you were involved in a car crash in Augusta, chances are that the moments following the crash were chaotic and scary. Once the initial shock wore off, you probably started to slowly process the situation. It is during these minutes, hours, and days that the realities of life post-accident begin to set in.
Specifically, if you were injured in an Augusta vehicle collision caused by someone else’s negligence, you may experience some or all of the following stressors:
- Physical pain
- Post-traumatic stress
- Mental anguish
- Financial stress
Each of these stressors comes with their own set of challenges, including the following:
- Extensive and lengthy medical treatment, including various types of rehabilitation therapy
- Inability to focus on the present and the future
- Mounting medical bills and related expenses
- Dwindling savings accounts and/or incurring mounting debt in order to pay for all of the things that must be paid (mortgage, rent, insurance premiums, etc.)
- Lost time from work resulting in lost wages and lost benefits (loss of sick days, vacation time, personal days, etc.)
- Total or partial loss of your ability to earn certain future income
- Inability to pay certain expenses, such as tuition and extracurricular activities
- Sudden and unrelenting attempts by various insurance company representatives to speak to you and get your statement
Our Augusta car accident attorneys witness our clients endure these hardships. And we know that before our clients seek our legal counsel, their physical, emotional, and financial burdens are even worse. Our job as skilled, compassionate Augusta vehicle accident lawyers is to reduce or eliminate many of these burdens. We have the education, extensive experience, and mental toughness to accomplish this feat.
Why should I seek legal representation as soon as possible after my car accident? Can’t I try to reach a settlement on my own?
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an Augusta accident, it is critically important to seek the services of a skilled, reputable Augusta car accident attorney. Your attorney should be well-versed in more than just general personal injury law. Specifically, you should hire an attorney who specializes in car crash cases, and who knows the ins and outs of the Augusta-Richmond County legal system.
There are many reasons why it is important to hire a good legal team sooner rather than later:
- There are certain timelines that an injured party must adhere to in order to initiate and successfully proceed through a personal injury lawsuit.
- Time is of the essence in terms of identifying and gathering relevant evidence related to your case, as well as identifying all potential defendants.
- It is important that insurance companies – particularly the defendant‘s insurance companies – know early on that you are represented by legal counsel.
- If they know you are unrepresented, they may consider you an “easy target” and may “persuade” you to offer unintended statements and comments regarding the accident and your injuries.
- They are far more likely to attempt to settle the matter as quickly as possible for as little money as possible – and they will attempt to convince you why it is to your benefit to accept a settlement offer now.
- They may request that you sign certain documents whereby you unknowingly waive and give up your legal interests and rights both now and in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If I am injured in a car accident, how can you help me and my case?
At T. Madden & Associates, P.C., we are proud to say that our car accident attorneys and legal experts are smart, tenacious, and committed to recovering the maximum possible compensation for our clients. Our successful track record and stellar reputation allow us to continually do what we do best: Help our clients.
So, let’s get so specifics. Here are just some of the services we provide to our valuable clients:
- Once we represent you, insurance company representatives must deal with us directly, and must leave you alone.
- We reasonably, fairly, and aggressively communicate and negotiate with insurance company reps – including their attorneys – in order to achieve maximum possible financial recoveries for our clients.
- We conduct thorough investigations into the incident at issue by identifying and collecting all relevant evidence. The exact cause of your accident is crucial; we pledge to investigate all possibilities.
- We identify all possible defendants. Even though it may not seem like it at first, there may be more than one party liable for your accident. Our investigation into the facts may reveal multiple liable parties.
- Our substantial firm resources give us access to the best possible experts for your case, including engineers; accident reconstructionists; and vocational, financial, and economic experts.
- Readiness, willingness, and proven ability to take your case to court if we feel settlement offers are unreasonable and unfair.
- Second-to-none litigation skills.
- Successful track record of recovering many types of financial damages, including some or all of the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost personal property
- Loss of employment benefits
- Loss or reduction in earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Am I just one of a thousand cases at your firm? How do I know my case is important to you and your staff?
Maybe more so than any other car accident law firm in Augusta, at T. Madden & Associates, P.C., we understand and respect the fact that your case is extremely important to you. It may be one of the scariest, stressful, and uncertain times in your life. Our Augusta car accident lawyers never take your case or your trust for granted – you are never just a case number.
Regardless of the size or “value” of your case, you can always count on our full attention and timely responsiveness to your questions and concerns.
Do you handle all types of car accident cases?
What Is Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI)?
Maximum Medical Improvement, also known as MMI, is the point in your recuperation where you have improved as much as you likely ever will. This doesn’t mean you are “good as new” – you might suffer a permanent disability, for example. You may need to reach MMI before your total damages can be accurately calculated.
What are pain and suffering damages?
Pain and suffering damages refers to the physical suffering you experienced as well as the psychological suffering you may have endured as a result of your physical injuries. Claims for pain and suffering damages are common in personal injury lawsuits (although claims filed under the workers’ compensation system are not eligible for this type of damages).
If you are eligible for pain and suffering damages (which you probably will be if you suffer tangible physical injury and your claim is not a workers’ compensation claim), you could be entitled to an amount that is equal to three or even five times as much as your total medical expenses. Insurance companies know this, which is why they are happy when victims who do not know this decide to handle their claims without the assistance of a lawyer.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
As you face many burdens during the aftermath of an Augusta car crash, our legal fees will not add to that list. With respect to car wreck cases, we operate on a contingency fee basis.
This means that you do not pay us unless and until your case results in a settlement or favorable verdict.
If you have been involved in a car accident in the Augusta-Richmond area, contact us today to discuss your case. We pledge to provide you with an honest assessment of your situation, and will discuss what you may face if we move forward. There are always risks and rewards when pursuing a legal matter. Our goal is to provide you with information and assistance so you can make the best possible choices for you and your family.
After all, we pledge to work for you and with you – your best interests are what matter.
Please contact our Augusta car accident lawyers online or by calling 706-524-7784 to get started today.
T. Madden & Associates, P.C.
431 Walker St.
Augusta, GA 30901