Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers
Aggressive Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Ready To Win Your Case
Every year, over 50,000 accidents occur on Atlanta roads, and over 10,000 people are injured. Certain intersections such as the Cumberland Mall Interchange, the North Connector Split (where I-75 and I-85 split), and the Town Lake Parkway exit are particularly dangerous. Still, the odds are you won’t be involved in a serious auto accident in any given year. That is small comfort if an injury accident actually happens to you.
Let Us Handle Your Claim While You Focus on Recovery
Over the years, our highly experienced Atlanta car accident lawyers have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients. We can handle settlement negotiations, the filing of claims and motions with the court, and even courtroom trials (if it comes to that, which it usually doesn’t). Ultimately, every major decision in the case is yours and yours alone to make. Let our trusted Atlanta auto accident attorneys handle the hassle while you focus on regaining your health.
Ultimately, what matters is not brilliant legal analysis or eloquent arguments. What matters is how much money you are awarded at the end of the process. At T. Madden & Associates, P.C., our highly-skilled Atlanta car accident attorneys have the track record to back up our reputation as one of the best personal injury law firms in Atlanta. The following is a very abbreviated listing of some of our case results:
- $3.25 million for a trucking accident;
- $1.25 million for a motorcycle accident;
- $1.25 million for a criminal assault;
- $725,000 for wrongful death, even though the victim was judged to be partly at fault for the accident; and
- $530,000 for a slip and fall accident.
No words can express the gratitude that I have for T. Madden & Associates, P.C. Thanks for making such an unfortunate experience not so much of a headache. No questions or concerns were left unanswered and everything was handled in a timely and professional manner. I also wanted to extend a special thank you to my legal assistant, Elexis Cummings, for going the extra mile to make sure nothing was left undone. Thanks so much for everything you all have done. I sincerely trust you guys.
— La Toya Denise
Other Kinds of Cases We Handle
At T. Madden & Associates, P.C., we practice all forms of personal injury law, including:
- Medical Negligence and Malpractice: Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider’s diagnosis or treatment falls below the standard of care expected of a professional – which is a very high standard. If this failure caused you harm, you have a medical malpractice claim that may entitle you to compensation.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents injure or kill hundreds of thousands of people every year in the United States alone. Most slip and fall claims arise from the negligence of the owner or occupier of a commercial establishment.
- Negligent Security: A negligent security claim can arise in a variety of ways. Suppose, for example, that you are assaulted and robbed in an underground parking structure because you paid to park your car there but the security guard on duty was asleep at the time of your assault. In that case, you might have a claim for negligent security.
- Wrongful Death: A wrongful death claim arises when someone is killed through the wrongful act or omission of another. Possible defendants include drunk drivers, manufacturers of defective medications, negligent doctors, and others.
- Semi-Trucking Accidents: Trucking accidents frequently result in catastrophic injuries and even death. A multitude of regulations govern the behavior of commercial truckers (even down to how many hours of rest they must take in a given time period), and a regulatory violation can help prove liability.
- DUI Accidents: DUI accidents are particularly tragic because they are so easily avoided. It is often possible to win a DUI accident claim, even if the driver was not convicted of the offense in criminal court.
- Dog Attacks: Dog bites send thousands of people to the hospital every year, and half of all victims are children. You can win compensation against the dog owner if he had reason to know that the dog was aggressive before his dog harmed you.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Motorcycles are some of the most vulnerable vehicles on the road, and motorcycle accidents kill or maim a shocking percentage of riders who are unfortunate enough to suffer an accident.
- Nursing Home Negligence and Abuse: Nursing home abuse, including active abuse as well as passive neglect, is one of the most horrifying forms of wrongdoing imaginable. Anyone liable must be held responsible for compensation if justice is to be done. Georgia nursing homes are heavily regulated by both state and federal law, and violation of regulation can serve as the basis for a personal injury claim.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long do I have to file a car accident lawsuit?
In most cases, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit because someone died in the car accident, you have two years from the date of the death of the victim. Since certain exceptions exist, you should consult with a knowledgeable Atlanta car accident attorney on this matter. In any case, you might be able to reach an out of court settlement long before the statute of limitations deadline expires.
Will I lose my claim if the accident was partly my fault?
Not necessarily. Under Georgia’s comparative fault system, if both parties were at fault, you can still win partial damages as long as the car crash accident was mostly (51 percent) the defendant’s fault. This is a question to be evaluated by a jury or between you and the defendant or his insurance company (in anticipation of what a jury would be likely to decide). Even if you win, you will lose a percentage of your damages that is equal to your percentage of fault – 25 percent, for example.
Do I have to speak with the other driver’s insurance company?
No. In fact, that would be a bad idea because insurance companies are skilled at eliciting words from you that they can later use against you. Refer all insurance company inquiries to your Atlanta car accident lawyer. If you are claiming against your own policy, you will be expected to notify them of the accident and provide certain basic information. But again, you should refer any inquiries to your Atlanta auto accident lawyer.
What are Georgia’s minimum auto insurance coverage limits?
Every driver with a vehicle registered in Georgia must carry at least the following amount of auto insurance:
- $25,000 in personal injury liability per person;
- $50,000 in personal injury liability per accident;
- $25,000 per accident in property damage liability;
- $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident for uninsured motorist coverage (a motorist can reject this uninsured motorist insurance by specific written request)
- $25,000 for property damage for uninsured motorist coverage (a motorist can reject this uninsured motorist insurance by specific written request)
Unfortunately, in a serious accident, your damages could far exceed these amounts. In any case, you should not exercise your option to reject uninsured motorist coverage.
Can I file a claim against a restaurant for their delivery driver’s negligence?
- If the driver is an employee of the restaurant and was on duty at the time of the accident, you probably can.
- If the driver was working for a dispatch company that delivers food to a variety of restaurants, you probably cannot sue the restaurant but you probably can sue the dispatch company.
- If the driver is classified (by a court) as an “independent contractor” rather than an employee, you probably cannot sue the company he works for.
If my airbag failed to deploy, can I sue the manufacturer?
Perhaps. You likely have a claim if the airbag was already defective at the time it left the manufacturer’s hands. Three types of defects are actionable:
- Design defects;
- Manufacturing defects; and
- Failure to adequately warn against the dangers of the product.
Of course, since the failure of the airbag to deploy did not actually cause the car accident, you could only sue the manufacturer for the increased injury you suffered due to the malfunction of the airbag, not for the accident itself.
My child was injured in an auto accident. Can he or she file a lawsuit in his or her own name?
If your child is under 18 (at the time the lawsuit is filed, not the time of the accident), he/she generally cannot file a lawsuit in his/her own name, although certain exceptions exist. Instead, you can file a lawsuit on his/her behalf. One exception is that your child can file a lawsuit in his own name, even if he is under 18 years old, if he is considered legally “emancipated” – if he is married, for example.
Take Decisive Action Today
Terance Madden, the founding partner of T. Madden & Associates, P.C., enjoys the benefits of 20 years of experience practicing law. He founded T. Madden & Associates, P.C. after years of experience with prestigious firms in Atlanta and the Washington D.C. area. Remember: If your claim is strong, there is no such thing as being unable to afford us, because you will owe us nothing unless we win your claim.
Contact T. Madden & Associates, P.C. today. Our proven Atlanta car crash accident attorney can be reached by telephone, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our online contact page. We can set up a free, confidential case consultation to listen to your story and evaluate your claim. We serve personal injury clients in Berkeley Park, Virginia Highland, Boulevard Heights, and elsewhere in Atlanta. We also take cases in other areas of Georgia and the US.