Vehicle Accidents -
6 Steps to Take after an Accident with a Tractor Trailer
- Get information: Get the contact information, insurance information, and license plate number of the truck driver and the trucking company. Always take pictures of any DOT numbers, and any pictures on the trailer and the cab of the truck. Also, take note of any witnesses and get their contact information as well.
- Take pictures: Take photos of the scene, including the damage to both vehicles, any skid marks, and the surrounding area.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you do not feel injured at the time of the accident, it’s important to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent and can take a day or more to manifest.
- Contact a personal injury attorney: An attorney who specializes in truck accidents can help you navigate the legal process and may be able to help you get compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Contact T. Madden & Associates from the scene at 833-PAID-123.
- Report the basic information to your insurance company and make arrangements to get the claim started. Do not detail your injuries or give a full interview. Let them know they can call your attorney at 833-PAID-123.